Hearing loss occurs gradually in most cases and is usually not noticeable in the beginning. The following questions can be used to help identify someone who needs their hearing checked:
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you turn up the television or radio louder than others prefer?
- Do you have ringing in your ears?
- Do you have trouble hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have a hard time following conversation in a noisy environment such as a restaurant?
- Is it easier for you to understand men’s voices?
- Does difficulty hearing cause you to visit friends or relatives less often than you would like?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you may have a hearing problem and it could be time to have your hearing tested. Contact Physicians Hearing Center today to schedule your hearing test.